It’s in Minnesota’s Nature to Celebrate!
Destination Marketing Organization for Grand Rapids, MN Area
Visit Grand Rapids is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for the Grand Rapids, MN area. Visit Grand Rapids was founded in 1983, as a 501 (c) 6 non-profit business association, with the objective to promote the Grand Rapids area as a destination for conferences, conventions, events, group tours and leisure travelers; thereby enhancing the economic growth of the area through travel and tourism. Visit Grand Rapids mission is to generate a positive economic impact through travel and tourism. Like the other 40 DMO’s in Minnesota, Visit Grand Rapids is funded in part by a 3% lodging tax that is collected by 25 lodging properties located within the city of Grand Rapids, and voluntary lodging contributors located throughout Itasca County. Additional funding is provided by the marketing services that Visit Grand Rapids offers area businesses as well as, Explore Minnesota Tourism grants. Visit Grand Rapids is overseen by a 12 member Board of Directors. Each Board of Director serves a three year term and each can serve up to two consecutive terms on the Board of Directors. Visit Grand Rapids has two staff that is responsible for: directing and overseeing the day to day management of VGR, growth and community development, and doing so within the mission, vision, policies and work plans adopted by Visit Grand Rapids Board of Directors. Come Explore Minnesota’s Nature in the Grand Rapids, MN area.
Visit Grand Rapids celebrates 30 years of service in 2013 and their new location in Old Central School (10NW 5th Street, Suite 212, Grand Rapids, MN 55744).
Visit Grand Rapids Staff
Assistant Executive Director
2017 Board of Directors
- Katie Benes (The Reif Center) – President
- Tim Johnson (Edge of the Wilderness Scenic Byway) – Vice-President
- Sherrie Porth (Loon Point Resort) – Secretary/Treasurer
- Melissa Nordberg (Super 8) – Past President
- Kim Jamtgaard (Wildwood Resort)
- Burl Ives (Grand Hospitality)
- Judi Braunworth (Sawmill Inn)
- Dan Erkkila (University of MN, Tourism Center)
- Sean Burgraff (Burggraff’s Ace Hardware)
- Jake Wedge (Ray’s Sport & Cycle)
- Brett Skyles (Itasca County)
- Kent Koerbitz (Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce)